Tuesday, July 26, 2011

 I ordered my first baskets of fruits and vegetables from Bountiful Baskets.  Bountiful Baskets is a Coop to get your veggies and fruits for half the cost in the grocery stores but still get the same quality.  First time I have used them so I don't know what to expect but am looking forward to picking them up.  You register online, order on Monday, find the pickup location closest to you and then pick up on Saturday.  There is only a 20 minute window to pick up your veggies so you can't be late.  Good thing I am an early bird as my pick up is Saturday at 6:30 in the morning but a pretty close location.  You have to volunteer once every two month to participate and you can get up to three baskets a week.  For organic it is $25.00 per basket to receive $50.00 of produce...pretty good deal.


So as my day first day to new health soon will begin...I am saying goodbye to a few favorites...mainly coffee.  I never thought I would give that up...lol.  I have felt for awhile it was something I needed to do but definitely fought that one.  Next is chocolate....women you understand that one.  And meat...I really do enjoy meat but know for now I need to give it up, maybe even for life?  Not sure.... we will see how that works out.  I am a protein metabolic type but I know I can receive my proteins through my green veggies.


I was watching a video about the 92 day Juice feast and he was saying the Universe will throw up roadblock to prevent this change in my life and you know I have encountered a few.  He said once the universe knows I am serious the roadblocks will lessen and finally go away.  Now my philosophy is different but it really is biblical truth.  Once you begin something God wants the world will try to stop it.  So I have been praying for the wisdom and strength to determine God's will in my journey and His strength and blessing as I believe with all my heart He has led me to this point.  I believe He has placed his healing foods here on earth for my and all our healing.  We just need to listen to our bodies and our hearts and it will tell us what we need.  


Yay !!!  I am so excited to begin.  Not looking forward to the detoxing stage....but it will pass and I know part of this journey some bad to get the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment