Saturday, July 30, 2011

Picking up my Veggies

I woke up bright and early exited to go pick up my 2 Bountiful Baskets of fruits and vegetables.  I am pretty pleased with the results.  I got bananas, potatoes, green bean and eggplants that I won't be able to juice but the rest of the family can enjoy those with their meals and bananas always go quick at our house. 


The rest of the baskets had cabbage, leafy greens, apples, peaches, cantaloupe,plums, tomatoes and grapes.  I will definitively have to supplement with more leafy greens and more variety of vegetable but this is an excellent start.  All in all I am happy with what I received.  


I juiced one quart so far...3 to go to meet my required goal.  I juiced one cantaloupe...one  head of  leafy green...(not sure of the name of what I used..will have to check at store...lol sure I will be a vegetable expert when I am done with this :)...and 2 peaches.  Tastes really pretty good and refreshing.  I need to watch my fruit but I think for my first one I am going for taste.  I will for lunch do a spicy juice with some peppers and tomatoes for more of a salsa taste.   What combo shall I have for dinner????  It didn't take too long to prepare from start to cleanup about 15 minutes.


I woke up with a headache this morning...went to the movies and since I knew I was starting this decided to indulge with popcorn, a coke and yes some Thin Mints...I didn't eat them all just a few and we came home with half a bag of popcorn and the coke half full...shared them with my husband so I didn't go crazy....But I always if I eat the wrong things wake up with a headache.  Simplex carbs are my enemy along with high fructose corn syrup.  Just a BIG reminder of why I am doing this and I really can never go back if I want to be healthy, headache free and receive the immense clarity and vibrant health I am desiring.


So here I go head first..heart first... into what I hope and believe is the beginning of a very important crossroads of my life path.  I know there will be bumps and at times be a rocky road but will lead to that lovely and beautiful place I hope to discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment