Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 36

Hello everyone out there in foodland...day 36 of me here in juiceland.  I feel that way right now...there is everyone else and then there is me.  I am out here all alone stranded on my island.  Not in a...poor me and I want to be in your land and off my island kinda way....I just would enjoy the company of someone else experiencing the same thing I am so we could discuss our similarities or differences in our experience.


I did go searching for a helping hand and I found one...on fb.  I found a page called...Living and Raw Food Village.  I asked her a few questions and she gave me some great advice.  My extreme cravings for cooked food were because I wasn't getting something my body  needed. She suggested that I mix up at least 5 greens to make sure all my nutritional green needs were being met and it seemed to have worked...cravings gone...whew...that was tough.  She also suggested I try ABC Juice with lemon.  I did and I absolutely love it...new fav.


ABC Juice 
1 small beetroot (beet)
2 medium Carrots
I large  apple
Add 1 lemon if you want...                                                                                              Put through Juicer...not blender and that's it...as easy as ABC !!!                                                Drink immediately and enjoy.
Beet Juice benefits...

  • Lowers the blood pressure.
  • Relaxes the mind (due to the substance betaine) and is used to treat depression.  It also contains tryptophan which contributes to a sense of well being.
  • Contains aphrodisiac properties according to the Romans.  The juice is a rich source of boron which plays an important role in the production of sex hormones.  I am not using it for this reason...lol.
  • Beet juice is best known as  a blood purifier and blood builder that helps in the creation of red blood.
  • Dr. Ferenczi of Hungary had his cancer patients drink a quart of beet juice each day, which was effectively breaking down and eliminating tumors. Beets have been found to increase the body`s production of glutathione, which helps the body detoxify cancer-causing poisons...my favorite reason...yay !!!!

I also have developed a liking for the greens...I no longer feel as if I am drinking "grass"...I am starting to enjoy the different flavors.  I feel great...my moods are in good spirits.  Life on my island is very good....and 28 pound lighter...


So as I am a castaway on my little island of juiceland...I will think of Tom Hanks and remember how thin he got...maybe add a little more coconut juice to my diet and be grateful that I don't have to pull out my own tooth with an ice skate.

No comments:

Post a Comment