Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 10

Wow...been super busy.  We are back to re-filming the movie Orn.  Some drama with a few members of the last cast so we had to recast several roles and now starting over.  The new cast is awesome and I am once again enjoying the process.  Which brings me to day 8 of juicing...We were meeting to go film at 3:00 in the afternoon.  We drove 60 miles to a remote location called Rainbow Valley to film (beautiful spot).  We were about halfway there when I realized I forgot my juice for the rest of the day.  There was no way to turn around because I had no idea where the location was and we were to far anyways.  I had brought plenty of water and umbrella and hat for the heat and hot Arizona sun.  Of course there was a heat advisory out for the day and the humidity was quite high that day.  Do you you see where this is going....???

I set up for makeup...in my car...I just had them sit in the seat with the car door open so they were in the shade as I applied it... but I had full sun on me in the heat of the day.  I did okay the first hour but around 5:00 o'clock it hit me...heat exhaustion...plus my sugar levels dropped really fast.  I really thought I was going to pass out plus extreme nausea...it was awful..the cast was great they put an umbrella over me as I was trying to finish the makeup...finally Dustin one of the actors turned on his truck so they loaded me and my makeup into his truck so I could work in there....I am not sure how I managed to finish but I did...so filming could start.  Luckily I had an assistant Tiana helping me...she is in her first trimester of pregnancy so was worried about her...she also was feeling the effects of the heat.  I had to ask the girls to do their own mascara cause my hands were too shaky.  But Tiana and I both survived and the makeup was completed...probably not my best work but it was all wide shots so it wasn't as crucial.


After the makeup was over I knew I was in real trouble.  I had no juice to stabilize my sugar levels...so I did eat 4 crackers which did save me.  Thankfully my pregnant assistant had crackers...lol.  We finished around 7 and drove back to the director's studio to finish filming a campfire scene...they all were going to eat pizza (once again torture cause I LOVE pizza) so instead of caving I made a quick dash home to juice...luckily the studio is only 10 minutes from my house.  Totally revived me..well still feeling a tad weak.. but I knew I could go on and I did. We filmed behind his studio which he had green screens placed behind the campfire setup and he will CGI in the desert background in editing (amazing how it is done and you can't even tell).  But that allowed me and Tiana to do makeup inside in the AC...did I say how much I love AC...lol.  During the filming I was outside again but the sun was down and had a blast. The crew was great the makeup was perfect...for their closeups...it was awesome.  I have to run and powder to remove any shine off skin and finesse hair in between each take as needed.  We finished up around 11:00 pm and was home showered and in bed by 11:30.  I was one tired girl.


So I get up the next morning and decided to step on the scale...I was thinking something must be wrong...got off...got on again and yep...in one day I had lost 4 lbs...lol.  My reward for the day before...???  So to date...on day nine I have lost a total of 14 lbs.  I rested and did storyboards for the next movie I will be working on for the rest of the day.


Today I have two bridal makeup trials so I am going to make sure I have my fresh juice with me so I won't have anymore episodes like that.  Of  course the bridal makeup will be done inside with ac...lol.   Should be a fun day.  Frankie who is a friend of mine and a hair stylist will be doing the hair.  She is the cutest, prettiest and sweetest people I know...just love her.  So any day I get to spend with her is a blessed day.  I have heard (from Frankie) that this bride is a diva...and possibly a bridezilla....should be interesting.  My second bride is sweet as can be and has never worn much makeup and should be just a joy to work with. 


So all in all I have found the juicing to be surprisingly easy.  I do have moments I want to eat and can be frustrating but I just tell my self it is only 92 days out of my life and I can do it.  I ask God in to help me and am sure that is why it has gone so smoothly.  God has never let me down...He truly is my constant companion in life and my champion.  I can't imagine doing this without Him by my side and I really do believe He led me to this moment in my life. 


I expected a lot more violent detox symptoms and other than the muscle aches and tiredness really that has been all.  Adjusting my taste buds hopefully will happen sooner than later with the vegetable juice because at time I have to admit is like drinking grass.  I sometimes have to hold my breath and take big gulps to get it down and am hoping I will eventually love or at least like very much the taste of the greens.  Of course the fruit juice is yummy but unfortunately I have to limit myself to the amount I drink.  I just drink it in the morning before noon.


Have I been carrying on???  I have always been more of a Chatty Cathy then a silent type...guess that is the same in my writing.  Love you all thanks again for the support and the accountability so I make the right choice to drive home to juice instead of giving in and eating pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment