Monday, August 22, 2011

Day 24

I was not surprised...yesterday the whole day I wanted to eat.  I know why...it was my own fault for not planning sufficiently.  I had a long day filming for the sci-fi "Orn".  I didn't have time to juice in the morning due to we had been filming until late in the evening the day before...so I only had a few hours of sleep before I had to get up and be on set yesterday.  I did grab some spicy V-8 to drink for the day which wasn't enough because filming ran longer than anticipated. I managed to drink some cranberry juice between location changes...but I just didn't get any fresh juice in me until I got home. So all in all I didn't get enough calories for the day.  Results...hunger.  

I made it through yesterday but it was really tough.  I went to bed early last night and hopefully a good nights rest and proper juicing today will be easier.  Second frustration...I am not losing weight.  I am already at a plateau.  I was hoping I wouldn't experience this with this program but I am.  My body does this to me every time.  Usually around a 17 lb weight lose I just stop losing.  At least I made  it to 22 lbs. So I need to up my exercise to get past this.  

Problem is leaving the second location yesterday I was coming down the stairs carrying all my gear (I have quite a bit and it is heavy) and my bad knee did its buckle thing.  I did manage not to fall down the stairs but my knee is extremely sore and I need a few days to let it heal so no walking, rebounding or bike riding for me.  I think I will try swimming some laps and see if that hurts.  I am lucky to have a pool in my backyard but because of having cancer I am now afraid of chlorine...well it and all chemicals.  So which is the lesser of the evils...no exercises and keep plateauing or getting in the pool knowing my skin is absorbing the chlorine???? Choices???  

It is times like this in the past when I would fall off track just due to frustration of trying and trying and always hitting walls to keep me from succeeding but this time no matter how hard the hurdle I will not be waived.  Maybe this is the universe trying to see how serious I am...in the Christian world we call it spiritual warfare so this is when I need to turn to my powerful and mighty God and ask Him to step in and give me the strength,  wisdom and knowledge to keep moving forward.  I figure I must be doing something right because I am getting resistance.  

I guess I was hoping for everyday to be as easy as it has but that's just not practical when attempting such a radical change in my life.   I am still "over the moon" about the results and will not be moved from my path.

No comments:

Post a Comment