Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 17

Day 17 here and going great.  I have been extremely busy with the movie ORN.  For those of you Orn is a creature feature about a ravenous alien that crashes into the Arizona desert.  This is our second go round with the film.  We only had 5 scenes left to film when one of the actors decided to walk out on the film over a dispute about "money".  Which is funny because we are all working on points and we don't get paid until the film sells.  The director is being very generous with his point system and worth the risk.  Either way it is a win win situation because I get to do special effects makeup ( blood and guts ) so I get the experience plus the IMDb credits in FX and makeup.  The director also has two other films and I will be able to work on those also.  When the one actor brought in his agent to negotiate (contracts already signed) 4 of the other actors had to leave over the dispute  also because of their contracts with the agent.  Long story...lol.  Whew what a mess. So the 5 roles were re-cast and we have begun again.  The new cast has brought new energy and  and we are all excited to finish this project.


The juice feasting has really been going well.  I have lost 19 lbs and my energy is greatly improved. I have noticed a change that I didn't expect and am really happy about.  It seems my vision is improving...I see clearer and more details.  But the best is my night blindness...it is almost gone...crazy.  I love it.  I really hated to drive at night because of the blinding lights so this is good.


Nights are still  my enemy.  I guess my body was used to me snacking at night.  I have never been a binger.  I am a grazer.  Just a bite here and a bite there...but it was always at night mainly.  Plus cooking dinner has always been a big thing for me and I miss that event.  I have cooked twice when I felt strong enough to do so but my family knows for the next few months they basically are on there own.  They will survive but I have heard a few moans now and then about HOW hungry they are...lol.  This is good for them...builds new skills and adaptation abilities. 


I went to a baby shower on Saturday for one of my most favorite and dearest friends Jenna and had a wonderful time.  It was held at Mimi's Cafe and for those of you who are not from around here is fabulous.  One of my favorite meeting places for lunches with my friends.  Homemade muffins served with every meal and the food...soooo good. We had 4 delicious item to choose from but I ordered a large orange juice and a large tomato juice. The good news is it didn't even bother me...yay.  I was just there to celebrate the day with my special friend.  A note about the kind of friend Jenna is...she has been a blessing in my life since the day I met her about 8 years ago. She is 34 and I am 51 so she is 17 years younger than me.  We laugh that I could be her mother.  The day I went into surgery for my bi-lateral mastectomy she got there at 7:00 in the morning.... never left my side until I went into surgery....she was there 4 hours later when I got out and she was the last one to leave....even after my family left she stayed and we even shared a few laughs.  When she knew I was okay she left.  I will cherish her friendship til the day I die.


What I am learning in this juice feasting venture...that our bodies are amazing and as long as we are giving it what it needs...good nourishment...we really don't need that much food for good health.  Maybe the great gift of abundance we all share.....by the blessing of being born in the United States of America...is maybe part of our decline in health.  I think we should appreciate the abundance but realize we don't have to indulge our every desire.  Sometimes our desires can be our downfall.  I am for the first time really looking at the food I am consuming and I see the richness of it with out cooking the life out of it...which is what out country does.  We literally are eating dead food with no life force in it....and it is slowly and methodically killing the majority of us.  Companies process it and add chemicals to it to preserve it...they homogenize and cook it til we destroy all the nutrients and kill the beneficial cancer killing enzymes...chemicals are added to enhance the flavor which addict us to it...they developed and use GMO grains which our bodies no longer recognize as a food....and we wonder why we have no energy and why we are sick with no vitality left in us.  It is time as a nation we say no to the pollution of our food supply.



No comments:

Post a Comment