Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 20...Yay !!!

20 days seems like a milestone...doesn't it ?  Only 10 more to go and I will have made it through my first month.  Now 92 days doesn't seem such a forbidding task especially now that I have gotten the hang of this whole juice feast.


Yesterday was a football scrimmage for Joel at another high school (He did great).  It was a pretty long walk to the football from from the parking lot... I felt a little more power in my step and stride...I was thinking "very cool"...but the really cool part is when I got to the stairs...going down stairs with my bad knee it is slow going for me.  If I am feeling really stiff I actually would have to go down one step at a time.  I was about halfway down and I realized I was going down just like everyone else with no pain or stiffness in my knees. That was awesome because I always was a little embarrassed going down stairs.  I sometimes would wait til no one was behind me so I wouldn't slow them up...cause ya know everyone is always in a hurry in this world.


That got me to thinking about my other aches and pains.  At night, at times, the pain in my  back is quite bad. I have severe scoliosis and my 3 troublesome spots are the lower back, around my 10th vertebrae and the top of my neck and they cause me quite a bit of aggravation.  Plus I get pretty bad pain in my hips. I refuse to take pain pills so going to sleep at night is sometimes difficult.  Besides the scoliosis my spine twists which makes the rest of my skeletal structure off balance.  I have had chiropractors tell my my spine is pretty bad...one said the worst he had seen in Arizona...he had relocated from New York. I am not complaining just one of those things I have to deal with but another reason I so need to get the weight off.  I do not want to be immobilized when I am older...


I went to bed last night and realized there was no discomfort...I didn't have to spend 20 minutes arranging my self to find a position where I wasn't hurting. Due to this it sometimes took forever to fall asleep.   I think for the last week or so ...I just lay down and in minutes I am fast asleep and sleep like a baby.  I have not woken up once due to pain during the night. It has just been such a subtle change that I didn't even notice.  I did read in all my juicing research that it reduces nitric oxide, free radicals and inflammation that cause joint and back pain.  Ginger Root and Vitamin C are best plus I am taking Hemp Oil for my Omega 3's...that also helps with arthritic pain.


So I have seen great improvement in:

  • Eyesight
  • Insomnia
  • Sleep Patterns
  • Reduced or no Pain in Joints or Back
  • Weight Loss (21 lbs to date)
  • Reduced Body Stiffness (usually by night I am walking like an old lady...lol)
  • Renewed Energy
  • Reduced Mood Swings
  • Reduced Headaches
  • Reduced Sinus  Congestion


So all in all already some pretty great results and I still am only in the detoxing stage...the first 45 days...then the second 45 days are the healing... rebuilding, re-balancing and rebooting stage...so that's gotta be awesome...

I love ya all...take care and here's to a healthier world...

No comments:

Post a Comment