Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 4 and 5...

Wait a minute...did I miss a day somewhere cause this is starting day 6....lol...so confused.  


Woke up today at 3:30 wide awake...made my husbands lunch as coffee as usual but something different today.  I am wide awake and feeling great.  The no coffee thing has been really very easy and surprisingly so because coffee has been part of my morning routine since I was a wee little girl.  Mornings have always been a special time of day for me.  I was a daddy's girl.  My mom and sister liked to sleep in, so most mornings it was dad and me at the breakfast table.  Oh how I loved being with him.  He was the smartest and most handsome man in the world...especially to an adoring daughter!!  He would wake me up singing "You are My Sunshine" (got annoying when I was a teenager). We had a farm in Colorado and the floors were cold so he would carry me downstairs (of course that stopped when I was a teenager...lol) and we would have our morning coffee together...mine was mostly milk with sugar.  Hmmmm....wonder if that was the beginning of my insulin issues...jk.  Sometimes he would put on the record player and we would listen to Conway Twitty, Ray Price and all the old-time country favorites.  Sometimes we would dance...when I was little I would stand on his toes when we danced.  I loved when he twirled me.  He was a great dad.


Did I tell you he died at 52 of a massive coronary?  I am 51...He is part of the reason I am on this journey.  He was a smoker both my mom and dad were...at least I have never smoked. Thank God for that.  I often am sorrowed by the great loss of his life.  My children never got to meet the great man that was my father and their grandfather.  I want to be alive to see my children get married and I want to enjoy being a grandmother to their children...and to make sure my children never feel the same loss of losing a parent too soon.


DNA is not on my side...later I probably will feel led to discuss the loss of my mom at 64 to cancer but not today...to much sad stuff.  So with the bad DNA...I need to do what I need to do to prolong my life.


I had a big victory last night.  I had a meeting with the coordinator, models and a few of the designers for the "Rock Your Curves" fashion show which Pretty Faces Makeup Company is doing lead makeup. It's is going to be so much fun.  Guess where the meeting was held...Macayo's my favorite Mexican food restaurant.  I love their chili relleno's...to die for... (bad or good choice of words????).  I am sitting there... first the chips and salsa come out...I thought to myself...could I drink the salsa...lol?  I just had ice tea with squeezed lemon....extra lemon please.  I probably shouldn't have had that but the lesser of the two evils.  Then everbody's appetizers came out...guacamole, cheese crisps, mini tacos and chimi's..need I go on...lol. I survived with no food going into my mouth...pure determination (and torture) let me tell you.  The meeting went great and I was proud of myself for not breaking my "feast".


Have had my first realizations and roadblocks the last couple of days. I NEED a better juicer.  I have a Juiceman but it takes forever and I don't get enough juice...using way to much produce and taking me 40 minutes to get one quart...the opening of the tube to put the produce through is to small so it takes forever to feed the f&v through. Plus I have to cut everything up  pretty thin to fit it through.  I went online and will be ordering a new juice tomorrow.  Still researching the best one to buy for the best price.  I still am using to much fruit to make sure I get a quart each time I juice because you get so much more juice from fruit than veggies...hopefully over time...I will figure that one out.  I am spending around $20.00 a day on produce.   The waste is hard for me because I am so frugal in the kitchen.  I have always been so good at making sure everything is used to create our family meals...I would love to use some of the leftovers somehow but I still am not strong enough to cook for the family yet.  They are missing my home-cooked meals....maybe soon?


Well starting to ramble...but thanks everyone who reads this...helps me to be accountable on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment